I want to have a nice body but not as much as I want dessert







Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Octopus and Seaweed




I am a stay at home mom and I do some in home daycare also. I love when I find a fun food idea. Makes lunch time fun for me and the kids. I was standing in line at Wal-mart last week with the slowest check-out lady ever so I was forced to look at the magazines to pass the time. I am so glad I did. I picked up the Taste Of Home Fun Food magazine and was in love with like every page in the magazine...soooo I spent the $7.99 for a MAGAZINE! I rarely ever buy magazines. I think they are a rip off but this one had so much fun stuff in it that I couldn't resist.




On yesturdays lunch menu was Octopus and Seaweed. I made the kids stay out of the kitchen while I made lunch. I told them it was a suprise. So what happens when you tell kids they can't come in the kitchen because you are making a suprsie? They all the sudden have a million questions they need to ask or something they want to show you haha. Any excuse to get close to the kitchen. I loved this idea. It was super easy, super cheap ( I am all about cheap) and super cute. All you need is hot dogs, ramen noodles, green food coloring and mustard.








Octopus and Seaweed



1 package ( 3 oz ) beef ramen noodles ( I used chicken)

4 hot dogs

5 drops liquid green food coloring

prepared mustard


1. In a large saucepan, bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil. Add the noodles and seasoning packet. Boil for 3-4 minutes or until noodles are tender


2. Meanwhile, add 4in of water to another large saucepan; bring to a boil. Cut each hot dog lengthwise into eight strips to withhin 2 in of one end. Drop into boiling water. cook until heated through.


3. Add the food coloring to noodles. Drain if necessary. Place noodles on serving plates; top with a hot dog. Add eyes and a mouth with dabs of mustard.



The kids loved it :)

1 comment: