I want to have a nice body but not as much as I want dessert







Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Orange Dreamsicle Cupcakes

Ok...so I kinda don't have a picture to go along with this recipe because I kinda sorta might have tried something new and failed at it. I should post the picture on craftfail.com. I wanted to try cupcakes in a jar. I have seen a lot of it latley online and think it is so cute and a fun way to make cupcakes. However, I didn't prepare very well.... and well...it showed. First of all, the jars I used were way to wide. So I decided to just crumble the cupcake in the jar to fill it up. ( supposed to be a half a cupcake, icing, another half of cupcake, icing, another half cupcake and icing again) It turned out ok but not great. Then I wanted to tie a spoon on the jar with some cute orange ribbon to make it look all cute and stuff. I even got some new cute orange ribbon the other day just for these cupcakes in a jar BUT I can't seem to find it ANYWHERE. Story of my life. I am always losing something ( Just ask my husband.... he loves it when I "misplace" his stuff. Although... if he would just put his stuff away I wouldn't "misplace" it...right?? right! ) Anyways.... the cupcakes themselves taste AWESOME! The perfect summer cupcake. I will be making them again, just not in a jar.


Orange Dreamsicle Cupcakes ( recipe from Glorious Treats )


1 box Vanilla cake mix - Prepare as directed on the box, but substitue 1/4 C. of the water for 1/4 C. orange juice. Also add 1tsp. orange extract


Orange Cream Cheese Frosting


1 stick butter, softened

1- 80z block cream cheese

4 C. powder Sugar

1/2 tsp. Orange extract

1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

1 Tablespoon orange juice


Beat butter in bowl w/ electric mixer until smooth. Add cream cheese. Beat until smooth. Add powder sugar ( one cup at a time) extracts and orange juice. Continue to beat 1-2 additional minutes until fully combined and nice and fluffy. ( Place icing in fridge for 15 mins to firm up before piping)


Take a cupcake and inject it with marshmallow fluff then top with a swirl of orange cream cheese icing and ENJOY! A great refreshing cupcake for a hot summer day :)

1 comment: