I want to have a nice body but not as much as I want dessert







Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My first wedding cake













About a year ago my now sister-in-law asked me if I would do their Wedding cake. I really didn't want to. Thought doing a Wedding cake would be to much pressure and I was lacking confidence. But my husband and my mom talked me into it.







So, this last weekend I baked and decorated 250 cupcakes and a small cake, was a bridesmaid, my son was the ring bearer and my husband was a groomsmen. It was a crazy busy weekend to say the least. But I survived! I wasn't quite sure how I was going to get the cake done with all the other things that come along with being in a wedding. I ended up getting the cupcakes and cake finished a couple hours before rehersal on Friday. I ran it up to the reception place, ran home and took a shower ( I was covered in buttercream) and made it to rehersal.







The cupcakes and cake were nothing fancy ( I'm no professional) but I thought they turned out pretty good and was happy to get lots of great compliments. It was a very simple yet very cute cake.I was disappointed in myself for not taking pictures of the process but I got a picture of the finished product and I guess that is all that matters.







Congrats to Cory and Niki on your marriage and thank you for asking me to take part in your big day!

No comments:

Post a Comment